Sustainable Energy Europe
Thursday, 05 November 2009 13:53
CoolPlanet2009 and Seal the Deal have been endorsed by the European Commission's Sustainable Energy Europe Campaign as an Official Partner. Sustainable Energy Europe is a European Campaign to change the landscape of energy. The Campaign is a European Commission initiative and contributes to the achievement of EU energy policy goals and targets in the fields of renewable energy sources, energy efficiency, and clean transport and alternative fuels. The objectives of the Sustainable Energy Europe Campaign are to raise the awareness of decision-makers at local, regional, national and European level, spread best-practice, ensure a strong level of public awareness, understanding and support, and stimulate the necessary trends towards an increase in private investment in sustainable energy technologies by encouraging the commitment of Partners from local to European levels.
Sustainable Energy Europe also organises the annual Sustainable Energy Europe Awards competition and the EU Sustainable Energy Week
This year’s competition is now open for submissions and the deadline is 27 November 2009. Public authorities, private companies, European associations or NGOs are all invited to submit one or several ongoing projects in the fields of energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, clean transport or bio fuels in the competition.
Awards are presented in 5 categories:
- Sustainable Energy Communities: Working together at a local, regional or national level, towards a genuine change in energy supply and energy use on the basis of a coherent plan, involving a range of public and private stakeholders.
- Market Transformation including Voluntary Commitments: Working to reduce market barriers and effect positive lasting change in the market for energy efficient goods, appliances and services, with the objectives of increasing their market share and informing the consumer of their advantages.
- Promotional, Communication and Educational Actions: Working to increase public awareness on a range of sustainable energy issues and products.
- Demonstration and Dissemination projects: Working to ensure effective implementation and dissemination of a range of technologies, in the major sectors: buildings, transport, renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Cooperation Programmes: Working to transfer sustainable energy know-how to developing countries.
The winning projects will be handed the Award by the Commissioner for Energy at a prestigious Awards Ceremony which will be held in Brussels on the 23rd of March 2010 during the EU Sustainable Energy Week 2010.
Read more on the Sustainable Energy Europe campaign website.
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square