Shawapawa – Arthur Schmitt (United Kingdom)
Friday, 24 July 2009 00:00
Shawapawa is a water-powered shower radio. It is self-powered, working without chemical batteries and induces a poetic exchange between power source and use. Shawapawa plugs between the tap and the shower hose using standard fittings. The water flowing through the pipes makes a little turbine spin, producing enough energy for the radio to play.
To encourage water saving, with the flick of a button the user can stop the flow while lathering. Finally, an LED gently flashes when the shower has consumed 30 litres. Shawapawa doesn't produce any waste during its use and encourages people to change their habits without forcing them to.
Everyone can make a difference – Cool message from Connie Hedegaard
It is our responsibility –
Cool message from Margot Wallström
Politicians have not yet put the relevant policies in place - Cool message from Yvo de Boer
Live from Copenhagen
- CoolPlanet2009 team visit COP15
- Melting ice sculptures symbolizing climate change
- Save Copenhagen: Real Deal Now!
- Earth hour today! Don’t forget!
- Exclusive meeting with Al Gore
- Magnus the Lucia bride from Commute Greener
- Earth is calling – Enjoy a COP15 meal
- Tutu demanding climate aid to developing countries
- ”What do we want? Climate justice!”
- Sunday 13: Desmond Tutu at the City Hall Square